Outdoor Kitchen Appliances
Create the ultimate outdoor cooking environment by including all the comforts of the indoor kitchen in your backyard bastion.
While an outdoor gas grill is a must-have, other outdoor kitchen appliances worth looking into include warming drawers, side burners and searing stations, or refrigerators, ice makers and ice chests.
A key (but often overlooked, at least initially) part to these outdoor luxuries: the plumbing and electrical work required—so plan accordingly, both for your dream design and budget.
Another overlooked fact: consider your home's resale value. If you're going to the expense of including high-end grills, surfaces and appliances outside, don't neglect complementary features such as sinks or dishwashers, task lighting (if only for safety) and dimmers, ceiling fans and awnings to keep the sun and heat at bay. And don't forget to include comfortable seating.
While outdoor kitchen appliances help extend the use of your kitchen, think of other elements that will extend through the seasons—like a heater for cooler winter nights or a bar for entertaining.
- Selecting Outdoor Kitchen Flooring
- Outdoor Kitchen Cabinet Ideas
- Maximum Home Value Outdoor Living Projects: Outdoor Kitchen
- Outdoor Kitchens: 10 Tips for Better Design
- Outdoor Kitchens: Grilling and Chilling in the Great Backyard
- 7 of Our Favorite Outdoor Cooking and Dining Areas