Tarragon Green Beans With Almonds Recipe
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large shallot, sliced
2 pounds green beans, trimmed
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon, plus sprigs for garnish
1/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Melt butter with olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook 3 minutes until soft.
2. Add green beans and increase heat to medium-high. Gently toss to coat with shallot mixture and cook 2 minutes.
3. Add wine and cook 14 more minutes until crisp-tender.
4. Stir in tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with tarragon sprigs and sprinkle with chopped almonds before serving.