Braided Towel Rug
Materials and Tools:
3 different-colored cotton towels, washed and dried
1. Cut the towels into 1-inch strips.
2. Take one strip of each of the three colors and sew the three ends together.
3. Braid the three strips together.
4. When that strip is completed, sew three more strips onto that braid and continue braiding. Continue with the rest of the towel strips to create a very long braid.
5. Once you have a braid that’s long enough braid, coil the strips into an oval shape on a flat surface.
6. Starting in the center of the rug, sew the braids to each other so the rug doesn’t uncoil.