Cheddar Chive Muffins With Hard-Boiled Egg
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup graded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 stick butter
1/4 cup chives, chopped
4 soft-boiled eggs, refrigerated
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Put cold eggs in a large pot, and cover with cold water one inch above the eggs.
2. Turn stovetop on high heat, and bring to a full rolling boil. Turn heat off and let eggs sit in hot water for 5 minutes.
3. Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon, and submerge in ice water bath for at least 30 minutes before peeling shells.
4. Combine baking mix, milk, butter, cheese and chives until smooth. Place heaping tablespoon of batter into each mold of an oversized muffin pan. Nestle soft-boiled egg into the center of each muffin mold (image 1). Cover egg completely with additional batter (image 2).
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops of muffins are golden (image 3).