The Best Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe
Don't throw out the pumpkin seeds! Follow our recipe, and give this sweet treat as a host/hostess gift for the holidays.
We're sorry, there seems to be an issue playing this video. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. If you continue to have issues, please contact us here.
- pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1. Simply scoop out the seeds if you carved the pumpkin for Halloween. If you're starting with a pumpkin that's intact, cut it in half then scoop out the seeds.
2. Rinse the seeds until clean, and spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the seeds in the oven while it's preheating to dry them.
3. Once dry, remove them from the oven and toss with coconut oil until coated. Place them back in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. While the seeds are roasting, melt butter in a pan over the stove on low heat. Add the brown sugar, and combine until smooth.
5. Remove the butter mixture from the stove, and add the vanilla extract and all the spices. Mix until well combined.
6. Add the seeds to the spice mixture, and mix until well combined.
7. Spread the seeds back on the baking sheet, and roast for 15 minutes. Let cool and dry.
8. Place the seeds in a jar, and add a gift tag for a host/hostess gift. Store in an airtight container for up to three months or in the fridge for up to 12 months.