Pecan Pie Tartlets Recipe
2 store-bought pie crusts
3 cups pecans
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. Roll the pie crusts to 1/8-inch thickness. With a 2 1/2-inch diameter biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut out 24 rounds. Place dough into pan and press to fit.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, until crisp. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
5. On a large baking sheet, toast pecans in middle of oven until golden. Cool, then coarsely chop.
6. In a heavy saucepan, heat sugar, water and corn syrup over low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Boil mixture, without stirring, until golden.
7. Remove pan from heat and add cream, stirring carefully until combined well.
8. Transfer caramel to a bowl to cool, about 10 minutes. Add nuts and stir to coat.
9. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons filling into each shell.
Makes 24 tartlets