Pear-Filled Swedish Pancakes With Lavender-Infused Honey Recipe
This recipe requires advanced preparation.
2 cups milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
3 pears (can be replaced with canned pear halves if needed)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon dried lavender
1/2 cup honey
1. To make the lavender-infused honey, place dried lavender in a clean sealable glass jar and cover with honey. Stir herbs together, and seal jar for 3-5 days — occasionally flipping the jar upside down to mix ingredients. Strain out remaining lavender bits through a sieve before serving.
2. For the filling, cut pears into large chunks and saute with 1/2 cup water, two tablespoons sugar and one teaspoon cinnamon until soft and liquids reduce.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, four, melted butter and sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Heat a small non-stick skillet on medium heat, and ladle a small amount of batter into the pan creating a thin layer across the entire surface.
4. Keep pan on low heat for 4-5 minutes or until edges are golden and pancake can be easily flipped over. Heat other side of pancake for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden.
5. Fill center of pancake with filling and roll pancake under, tucking both ends underneath. Top with infused honey and a sprinkle of dry lavender.