Replacing a Light Fixture
Materials and Tools:
electrical wire tracer
- Open electrical box and test for power. Turn off the power to the house to make sure that there's absolutely no power going to those wires.
- Remove the old fixture and disconnect wires, marking them for later.
- Wire the new light the same way the old one was wired.
- Screw the bracket to the ceiling.
- Turn power back on and test it out. If the new light doesn't come back on, check the light bulbs and make sure they are screwed on tight. Turn the power back off and check your wiring, refer to the manufacturer's instruction manual for extra help or contact info.