Matcha Green Tea Gimlet Recipe
Matcha Green Tea Gimlet Wedding Cocktail
The grassy notes of the matcha balance perfectly with the flowery botanicals of the London dry gin in this very "green" cocktail. The beautiful, deep green hue is an elegant touch to a wedding celebration.
Simple Syrup Recipe
Combine equal parts water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a slow boil while continuously stirring until all sugar has dissolved. I recommend starting with one cup. Let cool and bottle. This should keep in your fridge for about a month or so.
1 tablespoon sweet matcha powder (found at specialty grocers)
3 ounces water
juice of 1 small lime (1 ounce)
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 1/2 ounces London dry gin
1. In a separate glass, mix 1 tablespoon sweet matcha powder with 3 ounces of water. Stir vigorously to combine.
2. Juice your small lime into green tea mixture.
3. Add 1/2 ounce simple syrup to green tea mixture.
4. Add ice to your cocktail shaker.
5. Combine your green tea mixture with 2 1/2 ounces of gin in the cocktail shaker.
6. Quickly swirl cocktail shaker until the outside becomes icy and cold.
7. Strain drink into your favorite martini glass.