How to Make Vegan Chocolate-Avocado Pudding
Avocados aren't just for guacamole and toast — they are also amazing with chocolate. Skeptical? This choco-avocado pudding will change your mind.
Although the avocado and chocolate fusion might not sound very appealing, trust us. The avocado gives this vegan pudding a smooth texture while the chocolate adds all the sweetness that is needed. For extra bragging rights, layer the dessert with fresh strawberries.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 5 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 5 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- toppings: strawberries, red fruits, nuts
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (in 15-second intervals) or in a bain-marie (aka - double boiler or water bath).
- Place the avocado, honey, milk, vanilla and cocoa in a blender until you get a mixture without lumps.
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and blend again until you get the mousse-like texture.
- If necessary, adjust the sweetness or amount of chocolate.
- Top with nuts and fresh fruits to taste.