How to Make Vegan Chocolate-Avocado Pudding
Avocados aren't just for guacamole and toast — they are also amazing with chocolate. Skeptical? This choco-avocado pudding will change your mind.
Although the avocado and chocolate fusion might not sound very appealing, trust us. The avocado gives this vegan pudding a smooth texture while the chocolate adds all the sweetness that is needed. For extra bragging rights, layer the dessert with fresh strawberries.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 5 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 5 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- toppings: strawberries, red fruits, nuts
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (in 15-second intervals) or in a bain-marie (aka - double boiler or water bath).
- Place the avocado, honey, milk, vanilla and cocoa in a blender until you get a mixture without lumps.
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and blend again until you get the mousse-like texture.
- If necessary, adjust the sweetness or amount of chocolate.
- Top with nuts and fresh fruits to taste.
Vegan Potluck Ideas and Recipes 13 Photos
From brunch and desserts to savory meals, browse our 12 favorite vegan recipes and menu ideas to create a satisfying, healthy and delicious feast.