Mini Matcha Green Tea Cakes With Black Sesame Mousse
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons matcha powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 ounces unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 container store-bought whip topping
2 tablespoons black sesame paste
1-2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease two 4-inch cake spring molds. To make the cake, beat butter and sugar on low until fluffy using a mixer and paddle attachment (about 4 minutes). Adjust speed to medium, and beat for an additional two minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, matcha, baking powder and salt. Reduce speed back to low, and slowly start adding this mixture into the sugar mixture along with the coconut milk.
3. Pour cake mix into your spring molds, and bake 20-25 minutes. Set on a baking rack, and allow to cool before slicing in half and adding black sesame mousse.
4. Chill a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before starting on the mousse. To make the mousse, place whip topping, black sesame seeds and sesame paste into a food processor with paddle attachment. Fold through on low until completely mixed. Place back into the freezer until time to serve.
5. Spread generous amounts of sesame whip between and on top of layers of matcha tea cake. Sprinkle with additional sesame seeds and matcha powder.