Healthy Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
This snickerdoodle cookie recipe is a healthy take on the classic, and the healthier the cookie, the more cookies you can eat.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten-free baking flour
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Yield: 24 cookies
1. Add vegan butter, applesauce, raw cane sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl, and whisk together (Image 1). Add arrowroot, baking soda, and salt to the mixture, and whisk again (Image 2). Add the gluten-free baking flour, and mix (Image 3). Add the almond flour and cinnamon and mix again (Image 4).
2. Cover with clear wrap, and transfer to the fridge for at least one hour or until firm.
3. Using a cookie dough scooper, scoop balls onto a baking sheet, slightly flatten, and bake at 350 degrees F (177 degrees Celsius) for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.