DIY St. Patrick's Day Shirts With Free Printable Patterns
You'll be the life of the party with our free patterns you can easily print and transfer on any cotton shirt. We have patterns for your fur buddy, too.
- cotton T-shirt(s)
- iron-on transfer paper
- inkjet printer
- optional: gold fabric paint or paint pen
- optional: dog shirt, baby's bib or bandana
- Download: St. Patrick's Day Patterns
1. Download and print your desired patterns on iron-on transfer paper following the instructions on the transfer paper packaging. Cut out image leaving a narrow border around the edges.
2. Turn iron on the highest setting with no steam, and place ironed T-shirt on an ironing board. Place iron-on transfer face down on the shirt in the desired position. Use both hands to apply firm pressure, making slow passes for 30-60 seconds across the transfer from left to right followed by top to bottom. To make one for your pet, print the "Lucky Dog" and/or "Leprechaun Wannabe" patterns, and repeat steps on a small shirt, baby's bib or bandana.
3. Once cooled, slowly peel the paper backing from one corner to the other. Machine wash the shirt inside out in cold water, and tumble dry low before wearing.
4. To add the embellishment to the Gold Pattern, apply fabric paint or use a paint pen over the letters "GOLD" after washing the shirt. Let dry for at least 5 hours.