Make Christmas Ornaments From Old Shirts
Recycled clothes lend a well-dressed touch to your holiday tree.
- old shirts
- foam balls
- straight pins
- floral wire
- Find vintage shirts patterns that work with your holiday theme.
- Cut all the seams off the shirt, including the collar, cuffs and yolk. Then, take off the buttons. This will ensure you get as much fabric as you can.
- Use different-sized foam balls and straight pins.
- Lay out a piece of the fabric. Roll one of the balls with the piece of fabric to find out how big the strips need to be to cover the foam. Cut the fabric this length so you have a big strip.
- Fold the strip up lengthwise four times and cut different widths.
- Take one end of the fabric and wrap it around the ball and pin it. Continue this process until the entire ball is covered. A second set of hands is helpful.
- Use floral wire to adhere the ball to garland, a wreath or a tree.
Designer Robin Baron shows how to dress up glass bulb ornaments with glitter for the holiday season.
Designer Laurie March shows how to make easy, homemade salt dough letterpress ornaments for the holiday season.
Don't let the swirls fool you! This paper snowflake star Christmas ornament is easy, quick to make and sure to wow your guests instantly.
These scallop-edged card stock ornaments are a quick and inexpensive way to add a colorful touch to your Christmas tree.
These origami Christmas ornaments look impressive, but they're so simple to make. (They're also a creative way to use pretty wrapping paper scraps.)
Glass chips in watery colors bring a seaside touch to your holiday decorations.
Turn small bits of fabric into fashion-forward Christmas tree ornaments or gift toppers in just a few steps — no sewing skills required.
Add a little snowy sparkle to your Christmas tree this holiday season. These melt-proof snowballs are a fun craft for kids and can be reused year after year.
In just a few steps, turn wooden clothespins into beautiful snowflake tree ornaments. This is a great project for older children to tackle on their own or for small kids with help from a crafty adult.
Make these festive cookie cutter fabric ornaments using just scissors and hot glue.