Square Egg Crepe Recipe
Yield: 4 crepes
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 cup of milk
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
4 slices thin pancetta
4 thin slices of dill havarti cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a blender mix flour, sugar, milk, eggs and salt for 30 seconds. Let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Heat a 12-inch, non-stick pan over medium heat and coat with butter. Pour 1/3 cup of flour mixture into the pan, moving it evenly to coat the entire pan. Heat on medium for 2 minutes or until underside is slightly golden. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden.
3. Place crepes on a baking sheet, and add cheese and pancetta to the center of the crepe.
4. Crack an egg into the middle of the crepe. Pull each side in, forming a square pocket. Use the egg white as a glue to hold edges.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until egg is cooked. Top with fresh dill.
Recipe courtesy of Dine X Design