Vegan Banana and Blueberry Pancakes
These fruity and fluffy pancakes are bound to become your new go-to breakfast staple. We used blueberries and bananas, but you can get creative and make them with your favorite fresh fruits and toppings. If you're hosting a brunch, save time by making the batter the night before and storing it in the fridge.
With a hint of vanilla and chunks of blueberries, these pancakes make a satisfying meal any time of day. Serve them with in-season fruits and hardy nut butters, and make sure you splash some maple syrup on top to make them even sweeter.
This recipe will yield 5-6 large pancakes.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chickpea or rice flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a medium bowl, sift and mix flours, baking powder and salt.
- Place the milk, bananas, honey and vanilla in the blender. Blend until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add the blueberries and blend in short intervals until they are well combined (make sure they are not completely broken).
- Grease a skillet with a teaspoon of coconut oil and heat it over medium/low heat.
- Once heated up, place 1/3 cup of the mixture in the skillet. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes until golden on the edges, and then flip. Let the other side cook for 2-3 minutes as well.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings.