Vegan Burger With Cauliflower Mayonnaise Recipe
This burger featuring homemade cauliflower mayonnaise rivals any packaged vegan, vegetarian or meat burger. The cauliflower mayonnaise adds a ton of healthy flavor, but save some for later because it makes a great dip or sauce.
You may be thinking, cauliflower mayonnaise, really? Yes. Even if you're not vegan, it’s a mouthwatering topping or dip. And this vegan-approved burger will satisfy any carnivore craving. Perfect for a cookout or dinner parties, these burgers with caramelized onions and fresh tomato slices are the perfect fusion of flavors in every bite.
- vegan patty
- vegan cheddar cheese
- tomato slices
- fresh/caramelized onions
For the Vegan Patty:
- 1 cup whole grain rice cooked
- 1 cup baby lentils cooked
- 1 small white onion
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp ketchup/tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Cauliflower Mayonnaise:
- 1 medium cauliflower cooked
- 7 oz sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 to 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
Vegan Patty Preparation:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the white onion and mushrooms into small cubes.
- Add the brown rice, lentils, onion, mushrooms and garlic cloves in a large bowl. With the help of a fork, press the mixture until the ingredients are integrated. (You can also do this in a food processor.)
- Next, add the oatmeal flour, ketchup, tamari and seasonings. Mix until the ingredients are integrated. Add more seasonings to taste.
- Form small balls with the dough (the size of your palm). If necessary, add more oatmeal flour. Flatten the ball into a patty when you have the right consistency.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add your oil of choice. Fry the burgers on both sides until lightly browned.
- Place the burgers on a plate lined with a paper towel to let them drain.
- Place the burgers on a cookie sheet in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes to give them a crispy touch.
Cauliflower Mayonnaise Preparation:
- Place all the ingredients in the blender or food processor and mix until they achieve a homogeneous consistency.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- This recipe yields three to five cups of mayonnaise, depending on how large the cauliflower is. Store it in the refrigerator for up to four or five days.
Vegan Potluck Ideas and Recipes 13 Photos
From brunch and desserts to savory meals, browse our 12 favorite vegan recipes and menu ideas to create a satisfying, healthy and delicious feast.