Vegan Burger With Cauliflower Mayonnaise Recipe
This burger featuring homemade cauliflower mayonnaise rivals any packaged vegan, vegetarian or meat burger. The cauliflower mayonnaise adds a ton of healthy flavor, but save some for later because it makes a great dip or sauce.
You may be thinking, cauliflower mayonnaise, really? Yes. Even if you're not vegan, it’s a mouthwatering topping or dip. And this vegan-approved burger will satisfy any carnivore craving. Perfect for a cookout or dinner parties, these burgers with caramelized onions and fresh tomato slices are the perfect fusion of flavors in every bite.
- vegan patty
- vegan cheddar cheese
- tomato slices
- fresh/caramelized onions
- 1 cup whole grain rice cooked
- 1 cup baby lentils cooked
- 1 small white onion
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp ketchup/tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium cauliflower cooked
- 7 oz sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 to 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt to taste
Vegan Patty Preparation:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the white onion and mushrooms into small cubes.
- Add the brown rice, lentils, onion, mushrooms and garlic cloves in a large bowl. With the help of a fork, press the mixture until the ingredients are integrated. (You can also do this in a food processor.)
- Next, add the oatmeal flour, ketchup, tamari and seasonings. Mix until the ingredients are integrated. Add more seasonings to taste.
- Form small balls with the dough (the size of your palm). If necessary, add more oatmeal flour. Flatten the ball into a patty when you have the right consistency.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add your oil of choice. Fry the burgers on both sides until lightly browned.
- Place the burgers on a plate lined with a paper towel to let them drain.
- Place the burgers on a cookie sheet in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes to give them a crispy touch.
Cauliflower Mayonnaise Preparation:
- Place all the ingredients in the blender or food processor and mix until they achieve a homogeneous consistency.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- This recipe yields three to five cups of mayonnaise, depending on how large the cauliflower is. Store it in the refrigerator for up to four or five days.