Tuxedo Cookie Recipe
Friends and family will flip for these crunchy, chocolatey cookies filled with rich mascarpone cream and then rolled in mini chocolate chips. Get the recipe.
Before you start:
This dough may seem a bit unusual at first. It is quite dry and will need to be mashed together. The result is a cookie that snaps less like shortbread, more like Oreo.
The mascarpone filling will work best if refrigerated first. It also makes these cookies not suitable for shipping; they're best for serving to guests in your home or for local delivery.
Transfer cookies from work surface to parchment-lined tray with a spatula. They are quite delicate before baking.
This recipe yields 10-12 cookie sandwiches.
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for garnish
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
4 oz. mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour, cornstarch and cocoa over the butter/sugar.
4. Mix until well combined to form a dough.
5. Roll out dough to a thickness of 1/8 to 1/4 inch on a lightly floured surface.
6. Cut out cookies with a square cutter and bake on a parchment-lined sheet for 12-15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Fill with mascarpone cream and press sides in mini chips to coat.
1. Beat the butter in a medium bowl until smooth.
2. Add the mascarpone cream and blend until well combined and smooth.
3. Add the sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth (about 2 minutes).
4. Refrigerate for at least an hour before using.