Healthier-for-You Garlic Dill Veggie Dip Recipe
Nonfat Greek yogurt is the secret ingredient for making this veggie dip light in fat and calories. Garlic and herbs give it bold, rich flavor. It takes just minutes to whisk together and can be made a day ahead. Serve with an assortment of your favorite crudités. One dip and you’ll be hooked!
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 finely chopped shallot (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup Pinot Grigio vinegar (or other white wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Yield: 1-1/2 cups dip
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt and mayonnaise until well combined. Add the chopped shallot, dill, vinegar, garlic powder, sugar, salt and white pepper. Whisk until the ingredients are well dispersed throughout the yogurt mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Before serving, stir the dip well and transfer to a serving bowl.
Garnish with a pinch or two of dried dill, if desired. Serve with assorted raw vegetables and whole-grain crackers for extra crunch.