Outdoor Kitchen Sinks
Is an outdoor kitchen sink as vital to the outdoor kitchen as a built-in gas or charcoal grill? The answer is a resounding, "Yes!"
Eliminate the need for the chef to run in and out of doors to wash hands or utensils. You can even rinse vegetables with an outdoor stainless steel sink (virtually the only material it's available in).
Today's outdoor kitchen sink features, in fact, may astound you. Think apron-front sinks with perforated colanders and cutting boards, removable condiment holders, ice coolers, cocktail stations and more.
Before you get bogged down by the details, though, you'll want to get back to the basics. Will you need hot water in addition to cold water? Where will the water drain; will you need to tie it back to indoor plumbing system (a potentially hefty expense)? Other ideas worth looking into: a cover to protect the sink from the elements, and an alloy that's resistant to corrosion.
- Outdoor Kitchen Cabinet Ideas
- 7 of Our Favorite Outdoor Cooking and Dining Areas
- Selecting Outdoor Kitchen Flooring
- Maximum Home Value Outdoor Living Projects: Outdoor Kitchen
- Outdoor Kitchens: Grilling and Chilling in the Great Backyard
- 12 Outdoor Kitchens That Will Get You Outside