Bathroom Organization: Taming Hair Care Chaos
Between sprays and spritzes, bands and barrettes, hair care gear gets out of control in a hurry. Try these tips to smooth out your styling routine.
By: Lisa Frederick
- Stash dryers and brushes in a specially designed holster. Bed and bath stores and some beauty suppliers carry over-the-cabinet-door caddies with slots for blow dryers, curling irons, hairbrushes and other essential tools. They’re made to withstand heat, so you can stick small electrics right back in after you’ve finished with them.
- Sort clips and rubber bands with a drawer organizer or cosmetics tray. No need to get fancy — just pick up a basic model available at big-box retailers. Or tuck a few shallow bowls into your drawer to keep small items together.
- Store headbands on a hanging rack in the closet. You could also use a jewelry stand designed for bracelets and necklaces.
- Use a tray to corral sprays, gels and other styling products. Tubes, bottles and jars have a way of engulfing the bathroom counter. Add a small tray or basket to keep them in line yet easy to grab. Company coming? Whisk the entire tray out of sight. For lesser-used products, a dorm-style shower caddy under the sink is perfect.
- If you have space, outfit a drawer with electrical outlets. Although it may sound indulgent, it’s actually a smart way to eliminate tangled cords. Just pull the drawer out and plug in your dryer or iron, then drop it back in and shut it away.
Watch: Sabrina Soto's DIY Hair Tips
Make Your Own Hair Accessories 01:19
Sabrina Soto shows how to make personalized hair accessories on a budget.
Hair dryers, flat irons, sprays and other products can easily create an unsightly mess on your bathroom countertops. These quick fixes will clear your counters and organize your toiletries.
With some planning, you can have a user-friendly space in your home for craft projects and prepping gifts.
Learn the right way to store your fine china to keep it in tip-top shape for your next special occasion.
Whether you have too little space, too much stuff or both, storage furnishings are a fantastic and affordable solution. Here are five essentials that work for just about any home.
Is your living room overflowing with toys? Try these ideas to keep your kids’ favorites at hand for playtime and out of sight when company comes.
If your kitchen is overrun with unorganized pots, pans and utensils, try these tips that will have your space looking tidy as a Michelin star restaurant.
Has your kitchen drawer become a jumble of odds and ends? Make it work harder with these organizing tips.
Is your thyme's clock ticking? Your rosemary not so rosy? Try these organizing tips to get your spice game in check.
Let’s face it: Cleaning isn't most people’s idea of fun. But there’s also no reason to make it harder than it has to be. Take some of the pain out of household chores with these tips for keeping cleaning supplies sorted and at the ready.
Keep your home office organized and join the paperless revolution. Here are eight easy steps for going, and staying, paperless.