Bunny Bottom Bark Recipe
This adorable candy makes a cute addition to Easter baskets and requires only a few ingredients..
- 4 cups pastel multicolor mini marshmallows
- 12 ounces white candy melts or white chocolate chips
- 12 large white marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons white nonpareils
- 2 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 16 pink heart candies
- 48 pink confetti sprinkles
1. Heat the white candy melts in the microwave at 30-second intervals at 100 percent power until you can stir it smooth. Place the mini pastel marshmallows in a large bowl. Pour the melted candy on top and fold together using a large rubber spatula.
2. Pour the mixture into a large baking sheet, and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle white nonpareils on top. Transfer the pan to the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until the candy firms. You may also leave it at room temperature until the candy sets, about 20 minutes.
3. Use a 3.5-inch round cookie cutter or pastry ring to cut eight shapes from the candy. Cut and package leftover candy for snacking.
4. Cut four of the large marshmallows in half horizontally. Spoon a small amount of marshmallow cream onto the cut sides of the marshmallow halves. Place one marshmallow half in the center of each of the eight cut-outs for bunny tails.
5. Cut the remaining large marshmallows in half horizontally. Squeeze each half between your fingers to create an oval shape. The cut side of each marshmallow will be sticky. Place a pink heart candy and three confetti sprinkles to make toe pads on each of the cut sides of the oval-shaped marshmallows. On the opposite, non-sticky sides, add a dot of marshmallow cream and attach one to the left and one to the right side of the cut-out under the bunny tail marshmallow.
6. Package each bunny bottom in cellophane bags and add to Easter baskets, or display on a platter of edible Easter grass.