Linzer Cookies Recipe
2/3 cup almond flour (or almonds ground up in a food processor)
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, room temperature
1 jar high-quality raspberry jam
confectioners' sugar for dusting
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
1. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, all-purpose flour, and kosher salt. 2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, and beat well.
3. Add dry ingredients to the mixer, and stir on the lowest setting just until combined.
4. With your hands, divide dough in half and roll into two balls. Flatten each ball into a 3/4-inch thick disc. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or overnight.)
5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly-floured cutting board, roll out each disc until it's 1/8-inch thick.
6. Use a cookie cutter in desired shape to cut out cookies. Place 1-inch apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake cookies for about 12 minutes, until light golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Assemble cookies by spreading the flat-sided bottom of half the cookies with 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam. Top each of them with the remaining cookies to form a sandwich, and dust with confectioners' sugar.