Peanut Butter Cup Chicks
Turn egg-shaped peanut butter cups into adorable chicks. These take only minutes to make, and kids will love to help decorate.
- (8) mini egg-shaped peanut butter cups
- 12 ounces yellow candy melts
- (8) candy-coated chewing gum squares
- (16) black sugar pearls
- (16) flower-shaped orange candies
1. Place unwrapped peanut butter cups on a large sheet of parchment paper. Heat the yellow candy melts in the microwave at 30-second intervals at 100 percent power until the candy can be stirred smooth. Let stand for two minutes or until the candy has cooled.
2. Use a fork to dip each egg into the candy (Image 1). Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl while holding the egg above the candy to remove excess candy. Place the dipped eggs on the parchment paper (Image 2).
3. Immediately add a candy-coated chewing gum square to the center of the egg, placing it so the pointed end sticks out like a beak. Place two black pearl sprinkles on each side of the beak for eyes, and two flower candies at the bottom for chick feet. Let set.
4. Display chicks on a platter of edible Easter grass, or package them in cellophane bags as giftable Easter treats.