Carrot Cake Truffle Pop Recipe
Use ready-made carrot cake to shortcut this recipe.
- (1) ready-made carrot cake (or one box cake mix)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 24 ounces orange candy melts
- green lollipop sticks
- green ribbon
1. Crumble the carrot cake in a large mixing bowl. Add the softened cream cheese, and mix together with your hands (food service gloves will make this less messy) until no cream cheese streaks remain and mixture holds together when squeezed (Images 1 and 2).
2. Roll walnut-sized pieces of the mixture between your palms into a carrot shape (one end tapered to a point). Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the orange candy in the microwave at 30-second intervals at 100 percent power until the candy can be stirred smooth. Dip the end of the lollipop stick into the melted candy, then insert into the flat ends of the carrot shapes. Let set, about five minutes.
4. Gently dip and twirl the carrot shapes into the orange melted candy until completely covered. Turn upright, and place lollipop sticks into a Stryofoam block or cake pop stand. Let the candy set, about 10 minutes.
5. Cut lengths of green ribbon and tie into bows on the lollipop sticks. Insert sticks in dirt cake, or on a cake pop stand. Alternatively, cover cake pops with cellophane bags, and tie with the green ribbon for gift-giving.