How to Make a Winter-Inspired Terrarium
- large glass orb or egg-shaped glass vessel
- cedar cones or any small pine cones
- garden trowel
- small rosemary plant or pine saplings
- mix of green, white and red plants (suggested: polka dot plant and splash red and white hypoestes
- small metallic Christmas ornaments, ribbon, etc. (optional)
Fill the bottom third of your glass vessel with fresh dirt, pushing slightly up around the sides to create craters for fresh plants.
Place rosemary or pine saplings towards the back, building height and a point of focus. If needed, carefully separate larger plant bunches into smaller sections, placing around the rosemary and filling in with extra dirt once it's placed. Cut or tuck any longer stems to keep your garden scape neatly contained in the vessel.
Add Remaining Plants
Add in cedar cones and additional holiday flair as desired. Get creative, and place small ornaments or ribbon for festive flair. With a wet paper towel, wipe the inside and outside of the vessel. To make these as gifts, make individual-sized terrariums.