How to Make a Paper Bag Feather Garland
Here's how you can recreate this fun DIY from HGTV Magazine.
- Click here to download the feather templates. Print feathers in various sizes, and cut them out.
- Cut a brown paper bag into rectangles roughly the size of your feathers. Paint the rectangles with crafts paint (the feathers will come out better if you paint the paper first, then cut out the feather shapes later). Leave some pieces unpainted for brown feathers. Let dry.
- Trace the feather templates onto the pieces of paper, and cut them out.
- Apply gold leaf to the tip of each feather following the package instructions. Let dry.
- Glue the feathers to a cord or twine, as shown. Let dry.
Shop this DIY
Crafts Paint: Assorted colors by Americana, Craft Smart, and Folk Art
Gold Leaf: Gold leaf starter kit, $14, joann.com
Cord: Bead Landing hemp cord in metallic twist, $5, michaels.com