How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Hot Chocolate
Take your hot cocoa to the next level with this recipe from HGTV Magazine.
Time: 10 Minutes | Makes: 4 servings
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon strawberry sundae syrup, plus more for topping
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Peanut butter sandwich cookies, crumbled
1. Combine the milk, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate and peanut butter chips, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking often, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes. Divide among 4 mugs.
2. In a bowl, whisk the strawberry syrup into the whipped topping. Top each mug with the strawberry whipped topping, a drizzle of syrup, and the cookie crumbles.