How to Make a DIY Holiday Card Holder
Show off your holiday cards with this fun DIY project from HGTV Magazine.
- Using a crafts knife, cut ½-inch-thick foam core boards into three 16-inch-by-26-inch rectangles.
- Click here to download the letter templates and have them printed at a local print shop.
- Cut out the letters (including the center of the O), and tape one letter at the center of each foam-core rectangle. Trace around each letter with a pencil.
- Using a piece of cardboard as a mat, cut the letters you traced out of the foam core with a crafts knife. Save the center of the O.
- Spray-paint the foam-core letters and the center of the O, including their inner and outer edges, to match the colors of your yarn. Let dry.
- Starting on the back of each board, hot-glue a strand of yarn along the bottom edge. Begin wrapping the yarn around the boards horizontally until they are covered, securing the yarn on the back with hot glue as you go. Wrap the center of the O in the same way. Let dry.
- Hang the boards and the center of the O on a wall using adhesive strips.