How to Make a DIY Holiday Card Holder
Show off your holiday cards with this fun DIY project from HGTV Magazine.
- Using a crafts knife, cut ½-inch-thick foam core boards into three 16-inch-by-26-inch rectangles.
- Click here to download the letter templates and have them printed at a local print shop.
- Cut out the letters (including the center of the O), and tape one letter at the center of each foam-core rectangle. Trace around each letter with a pencil.
- Using a piece of cardboard as a mat, cut the letters you traced out of the foam core with a crafts knife. Save the center of the O.
- Spray-paint the foam-core rectangles and the center of the O, including their inner and outer edges, to match the colors of your yarn. Let dry.
- Starting on the back of each board, hot-glue a strand of yarn along the bottom edge. Begin wrapping the yarn around the boards horizontally until they are covered, securing the yarn on the back with hot glue as you go. Wrap the center of the O in the same way. Let dry.
- Hang the boards and the center of the O on a wall using adhesive strips.
25 Thoughtful Gifts to Send to Long-Distance Family and Friends
You might not be together, but you'll feel closer than ever with these sweet and sentimental gift ideas.
35 Best Christmas Decorations for Kids' Rooms and Playrooms
Pull out all the stops and prepare your little ones for Santa's arrival with these tabletop trees, fabric Advent calendars, Christmas-inspired throw pillows and more.
Make a Winter Woodland Mushroom Cloche Decoration
Use clay to create adorable mushrooms to welcome in winter this holiday season. Turn them into gift toppers, ornaments or add to your traditional holiday decor with this unique winter woodland mushroom cloche.
Turn Christmas Scraps Into DIY Greeting Cards for Any Occasion
Don’t just throw your leftover Christmas scraps in the waste bin after the holidays. Get crafty and turn them into DIY greeting cards that you can give to family and friends all year long.
How to Make a Fresh Boxwood Garland for the Holidays
Learn how to make a beautiful garland made from fresh boxwood and pine, sourced straight from your backyard or local garden center, to adorn any space in your home this holiday. Not only will it add a festive touch to your holiday decor, but the process of making it is certain to get you into the Christmas spirit.
How to Sew an Elf Christmas Stocking
The bright and bold colors of these adorable elf stockings are sure to match all of your holiday decor. Plus, the fun pointed toes and bells are guaranteed to put you in the Christmas spirit.
Customizable DIY Felt Letter Banner
Make a different banner for every holiday of the year with these cute DIY letters made out of nothing more than felt and string.
How to Sew a Burlap and Chalkboard Christmas Stocking
Looking for rustic, nature-inspired holiday decor? Craft some Christmas stockings out of burlap or canvas. A chalkboard patch on the front of the stocking adds even more charm.
How to Make a Decorative Clay Seder Plate
It's not a Passover Seder without a Seder plate. Make your own elevated version with oven-bake clay and gold gilding paint.
DIY Upcycled Sweater Wreath
Don’t throw away your old, worn-out sweaters. Make a big mug of hot cocoa for a crafty night in and turn them into a cozy DIY upcycled sweater wreath for the holiday and winter season.