Baked Goat Cheese With Blueberry Lavender Jam Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Passerelle Bistro
candied walnuts (recipe below)
pomegranate balsamic glaze (recipe below)
sherry vinaigrette (recipe below)
For the Blueberry Lavender Jam
2 1/2 pounds blueberries
1 cinnamon stick
5 cups sugar
1 tablespoon buds
1 1/2 ounces hot water
1. Steep lavender buds in hot water and set aside.
2. Place blueberries in a large saucepan with lemon juice and zest, sugar and cinnamon stick. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Stir and allow to cook until temperature reaches 220 degrees F.
3. Add the lavender and cool for 20 minutes, then puree in a mixer a little at a time. Note: This can be refrigerated for up to four weeks if stored in a proper container.
For the Candied Walnuts
1 pound walnuts
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1. Combine water, sugar and a pinch of salt in large saute pan.
2. Once the sugar is dissolved and the liquid has thickened with consistently sized bubbles, add the walnuts and stir constantly until all the water has evaporated. Cool.
For the Pomegranate Balsamic Glaze
1-quart white balsamic vinegar
1 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup honey
1. Reduce vinegar to 2 cups over medium-low heat.Add
2. Add the pomegranate juice and reduce again to 2 cups. Add honey, then stir and continue reducing until the consistency will coat a spoon. Cool.
For the Sherry Vinaigrette
1 cup sherry vinaigrette
3 cups olive oil
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 small shallot
2 tablespoons honey
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a blender, combine sherry vinegar, shallot, honey and dijon. Blend on medium speed and slowly add oil to the blender. Season to taste.
1. Lay out one sheet of dough and brush with melted butter.
2. Place 1 ounce of goat cheese flattened in the center of
3. Add a spoon full of lavender jam on top of your goat cheese.Place another 1 ounce of goat cheese on top of the jam, sealing the jam inside of the goat cheese.
4. Place another 1 ounce of goat cheese on top of the jam, sealing the jam inside of the goat cheese.
5. Fold the dough around the cheese, being sure not to leave any air bubbles, as it will pop in the oven if you do so.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
1. Dress arugula with sherry vinegar,
2. Place golden brown goat cheese packets over the salad, and garnish with balsamic glaze and candied walnuts.