Meatball Sub on a Stick
Eating this messy delight just got a whole lot easier.
1 pound ground sirloin
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
2 tablespoons fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can breadstick dough
1 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese (if desired)
1 jar store-bought marinara sauce
(12) 10-12" wooden skewers
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine ground sirloin, egg, basil, oregano, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and minced garlic in a large mixing bowl. Form 1-inch balls, and set aside.
3. Open the can of breadsticks, and thread on a skewer, followed by a meatball, then wrap the dough around the meatball and skewer. Add another meatball and repeat. You can usually fit up to 3 meatballs per skewer.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
5. Sprinkle each skewer with shredded cheese if desired, and put back in the oven for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.