Packing Supplies Checklist
These must-have packing supplies will help you have a smooth move.
By: Kara Wahlgren
Ready to start packing? Here's what you'll need to keep your possessions protected.
- 15-20 small cardboard boxes
- 10-15 medium cardboard boxes
- 10-15 large cardboard boxes
- Cardboard separators (for packing glasses and dishes)
- Bubble wrap
- Packing peanuts
- Clean newsprint (bedsheets, linens and blankets work well too)
- Stretch wrap (for bundling awkward items like skis or furniture pieces)
- Mattress bags
- Box cutter
- Packing tape
- Sharpie markers
Make relocating to your next home even more eco-friendly.
The answers to these six questions can make or break your decision to buy a house with a friend.
On the fence about a prospective home? Some brokers are letting buyers try out homes before they sign on the dotted line.
Moving day may be hectic, but don't forget to do these things before officially moving out of your old house.
If you move more than 50 miles for a new job, deduct your relocation costs.
With patience and elbow grease, you can turn a dump into a dream.
Get the lowdown on how a community is managed before you buy.
Here, how the mortgage interest deduction helps improve your bottom line.
Keep your goods protected in transit.
These four questions will help you decide if a second home is right for you.