Organizing a Spare Room
6 steps to a spruced-up space
Spare rooms just seem to invite clutter in. Here are a few tips for using your extra space efficiently:
- Make use of vertical space. Use high shelves in a closet to store things you don't use on a regular basis. Add shelves to an empty wall to create additional storage.
- Magazines and newspapers can create excess clutter when we save them because we're interested in a single article. Instead, cut out the article and put it in a plastic sleeve, and create a binder for all these articles.
- When you create a home for something, be sure to label it so that the system stays in place.
- Designate clear bins for seasonal items, memorabilia and the like so you can get access to them easily. Don't forget to label!
- Evaluate your space on a regular basis to determine what you use and what you need. Anything else should be gotten rid of.
- Closets in extra rooms are often home to clothes you don't wear anymore. Get rid of them.
Follow these simple steps for using storage containers to organize your catchall closet.
Space-saving strategies and inexpensive storage can help you "think outside the closet" when tackling linen closet organization.
9 tips for turning cluttered drawers into useful storage space.
Organizing kids' clothing — and keeping it that way — is possible with these 10 closet organizing tips.
Professional organizer Liz Witts offers tips on how to control clutter.
HGTV asked viewers to share their best decluttering and organizing tips. See which clever life hacks made the list.
Take a good look at your clutter — you’re about to kiss it goodbye.
Get the most out of your linen closet with these organizing tips.
Assess what you have and eliminate what you don't need to get your closet ready for a transformation
Check out these three tricks for kicking the “I’ll organize it later” habit.