Stick Up a Hanukkah Garland
Materials and Tools:
plain wooden Popsicle sticks
medium-blue spray paint
drill and 1/16" bit
1/8" light blue ribbon
1. Glue three sticks in a triangle with ends overlapping one another. Make another triangle in the same manner. Place first triangle over second to form a six-sided star. With a pencil, mark the connections.
2. Remove the top triangle and put hot glue on the marked areas. Quickly replace the top triangle to attach the two together.
3. Paint both sides of the star and let dry.
4. Drill small holes in two of the points that oppose each other for the ribbon used to string them together.
5. String stars with small ribbon in embroidery needle, which has an eye big enough for the ribbon but thin enough for the beads. Add beads between the stars.
Tip: When determining how many sticks you'll need, each star measures 4-1/2 inches wide. The beaded area will be determined by the size and amount of beads.