John Colaneri's Pasta Salad Recipe
HGTV designer John Colaneri isn’t just a pro at reno’ing kitchens — he knows his way around one, too. He even shared his go-to recipe with HGTV Magazine.
John Colaneri Cooking in the Kitchen
HGTV designer John Colaneri shares his go-to recipe with HGTV Magazine.
David A. Land
This hassle-free pasta is served cold, so John likes it as a side dish for a backyard potluck or as a snack straight from the fridge.
Time: 50 min | Serves: 6-8
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces tricolor rotini
- 2½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 6-ounce can pitted black olives, drained and sliced
- 3 ounces pepperoni, diced
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, diced
John Colaneri's Cold Pasta Salad
HGTV designer John Colaneri shares his go-to recipe with HGTV Magazine. This hassle-free pasta is served cold, so I like it as a side dish for a backyard potluck or as a snack straight from the fridge.
David A. Land
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs.
2. Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, olive oil, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt until emulsified.
3. When the pasta is done, drain it, and add it to the bowl with the vinaigrette. Toss to coat.
4. Add the red pepper, chickpeas, olives, and pepperoni to the bowl, and toss. Cover and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
5. When the pasta salad is cool, add the cheese, toss, and serve.