Herbed Carrot and Sweet Potato Hash Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup red potato, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup red or yellow bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add oil and all vegetables. Stir occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Around the 10 minute mark, add the rosemary and start seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Cooking + Serving Tips
Try this hash all nestled in a crepe with fresh greens and drizzled with balsamic reduction, or make it a collard wrap. Add cooked buckwheat or quinoa and a homemade sauce.
In this recipe, we used one cup of purple sweet potato and one cup of regular for extra color.
Instead of cooking in a skillet, you can roast this recipe in an oven set to 325 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes.