DIY Gift: Dip-Dyed Gloves
What you’ll need
liquid fabric dye (one light and one dark shade of the same color)
1. Soak gloves in warm water, then squeeze them out.
2. Make a bath with a light-color liquid fabric dye following the package instructions. Dip in both gloves halfway at the same time for 30 to 40 seconds. Pull out the gloves, squeeze them out, and set them aside on plastic wrap.
3. Make a second bath using a darker-color dye. Dip the gloves about a third of the way this time, again for 30 to 40 seconds. Squeeze them out.
4. Stack the gloves, wrap them in the plastic wrap, and microwave them on high for 30 seconds. Let the gloves cool, then remove them from the microwave. Let them sit for 30 minutes to an hour. Remove the plastic wrap.
5. Rinse the gloves under cool water until the water runs clear. Lay flat to dry.