Pistachio Nut Shell Art
Corlette T. Baylock from Cleveland incorporates pistachios into paintings and drawings. There is no end to Corlette's nutty projects, from men's ties to women's bracelets to decorative bar stools to children's shadow boxes.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
wood finishing spray
water color paint
1. Prepare the shadow box (Nut Case): Measure and cut four pieces of wood. Glue wood together to form a box and let dry.
2. To create the art: Create an original drawing or mount a photo or other clip art onto mat board.
3. Draw faces onto pistachio shells. Glue faces onto art work or photo.
4. Attach artwork to shadow box. Spread a bead of glue on all four sides of the mat board. Lay the bottom of the shadow box over glued sides of the mat board and position so the art work is centered in the shadow box.
5. Apply paint or wood finish to the shadow box.
6. Finish off the back of the shadow box with brown paper.
Web site: www.artonthehalfshell.com