Decorated Paper Lanterns
These paper lanterns are a fun, easy and creative craft project.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
These paper lanterns are an easy and fun project for crafters of any age. They are creative and simple, and are a great idea for kids' parties, as well as adult get-togethers.
Materials and Tools:
fold-up paper lantern* (ours was 10")
variety of tissue paper
* The collapsible shades are available in many different shapes and sizes. They can often be found at discount stores, import stores, lampshade stores and on the Internet.
** Nori glue, which is available at some craft stores and rubber stamp stores as well as at art supply stores, is ideal for this project. Any white glue with a water base can be used but is not recommended.
1. Pull open the lantern and insert the metal holder to keep it spread out.
2. Cut a variety of shapes out of the tissue paper. Note: Paper punches and/or a Sizzix die-cut machine can also be used to make the shapes, but it is a little tricky punching through the lightweight tissue paper, so be sure you use a number of layers of the paper.
3. Apply glue to a tissue paper cutout and smooth onto the shade. Repeat with as many different cutouts as you desire.
4. Allow all of the glue to dry thoroughly before removing the wire and flattening the shade.