The Best Artificial Christmas Trees on Sale Right Now
Score top-rated trees for a lot less during these sales events.
If you’re tired of sweeping up pine needles or remembering to water the tree, it’s time for an artificial tree this Christmas. An artificial tree takes the hassle out of decking the halls. It lasts the entire holiday season and can last for years if you take care of it and properly store it. Yes, artificial trees are more expensive than the initial price of a fresh-cut tree, but you’ll save money in the long run. And right now, you can save big on tons of artificial Christmas trees. Several big-box retailers are launching their Black Friday deals early, and we’ve spotted a lot of artificial trees in the mix. Take a look at our top picks below and treat yourself to a new tree this Christmas.
- Hooked: Trees with hooked branches must be assembled with every branch featuring a hook that fits into a hole in the tree trunk. These are cheaper than hinged trees and require keeping track of the various tree branch sizes to correctly put the tree together.
- Hinged: Trees with hinged branches are already attached to the tree trunk and don’t require individual branch assembly. These branches just fold out for faster setup. But unlike hooked systems, the tree itself will be larger to break down and store after Christmas.
- Flocked: Trees with a frosted snow-like appearance. These branches feature a white powder coating that mimics freshly fallen snow.
- Downswept: Trees with branches that curve downward. Downswept trees are often more expensive, but feature a more realistic branch pattern.
- Prelit: A tree with branches already strung in lights. Some prelit trees are even outfitted with color options so you can change from white to multicolor with a simple touch of a button.
- LED: Prelit trees with LED light bulbs. These are very, very bright and great for window displays. But they don’t necessarily have that warm, cozy candle-lit vibe.
Even if you don’t know much about Christmas tree types, you’ve probably heard one name: Douglas fir. Everyone wants a Douglas fir. They’re the peonies of the Christmas tree world. And they’re expensive — even as a fake! That’s because fir trees really are very pretty. They’re dense like spruce, but there’s a more feathered texture in the branches. If you’re in the market for a faux fir, there are some great deals at Wayfair. In addition to the brand’s Early Black Friday sale, you can snag select fir trees and other Christmas trees up to 30 percent off!
If you’re looking for a slim Christmas tree, Overstock has tons of models on sale with free shipping on any order. Sometimes called pencil trees, these narrow trees are great for apartments where you do have the ceiling height but can’t sacrifice a lot of floor space. A pair of pencil trees also look nice flanking a fireplace or bar cart.
Michaels is currently running a big sale on Christmas trees with artificial trees up to 60 percent off and free shipping on any Christmas tree over $49. There’s a huge selection of styles, but we noticed an awful lot of vintage-inspired tinsel trees in the sale, from retro white to a rose gold ombre beauty.
Walmart's Black Friday savings are already live, and we're seeing tons of price reductions on Christmas trees of every variety. We're obsessed with this six-foot-tall hot pink beauty, but we've spotted some classic and traditional styles, too. Plus, there's even a pop-up option that assembles in less than one minute! How's that for efficiency?
Of course, Amazon has steep discounts on traditional artificial Christmas trees from National Tree Company and more, including prelit, unlit and fully-decorated options.
Lowe's may not be the first place you think of when shopping for indoor holiday decor, but it will be after you see these tree discounts. From prelit artificial pines to prelit flocked firs, there's a style for every interior style and holiday decor scheme.
Again, Macy's may not be the first place you turn to for tree shopping, but these are some of the best prices we've seen out of the bunch, with more than 1,400 trees discounted in time for the holiday season. We love this real-looking Iceland fir with snow-dusted branches and clear lights that's 60 percent off!