How to Make Winter Fruit with Champagne Cream
Dress up winter fruit with a decadent champagne cream to serve at your next brunch or dinner party.
Fruit is good. Fruit with champagne cream is even better. This light and fluffy cream is sweet, a bit tart and super easy to make.
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup champagne
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- assorted fruits such as grapes, apples, pomegranate arils and clementine segments
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon zest, and champagne until smooth. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whip heavy cream and vanilla to a soft peak stage.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white to soft peak stage. Sprinkle in confectioners' sugar while beating to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese/champagne mixture using only a quarter of the whipped cream at a time.
- Gently fold in whipped egg white.
- Fill serving dish with assorted fruit. Top with champagne cream.