Sinister Sip: Blood Orange Sangria Recipe
This deep red Halloween version of classic sangria uses blood orange and luscious red fruits to tell a dark (yet delicious!) tale.
Sangria is delicious any time of the year, but when you amp up the blood red color with richly-colored red fruits and blood oranges you get a deep red-colored drink perfect for any vampire’s cocktail party.
- 1 bottle Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 blood oranges, 1 sliced, 1 cut into small wedges
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup red apple, cut into chunks
- ice for serving
- Add all liquids to a large pitcher.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Cut all of the fruit as necessary.
- Add fruit to liquid and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve over ice.