Toxic Mold Sickness and Poisoning
While the average mold infestation is not toxic to people's health, it is important to be able to identify mold poisoning symptoms in order to help keep your home healthy.
Toxic mold is formed by volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are, in turn, formed by the production of mold spores. These toxins can be extremely dangerous to humans and may even begin to affect the nervous system and the respiratory system.
Some of the symptoms associated with mold poisoning include nausea, hives, asthma, runny nose, chronic coughing, rapid or labored breathing and skin rashes. More extreme symptoms that can result from mold poisoning are lethargy, dizziness, memory loss and even infertility in a person who has been exposed to toxic mold for a prolonged period of time.
If you suspect toxic mold is a problem in your home, then it is necessary to not only eradicate the infestation, but see a health specialist for any symptoms that appear to be the result of mold poisoning.
- Testing for Black Mold
- Control Mold Through Water Management
- Toxic Mold Sickness and Poisoning
- Common Areas for Mold Growth
- How to Identify Mold vs. Mildew in Your Home
- How to Prevent Mold