Vintage Scarf Halter Top
Joy Teiken of Minneapolis is a whiz at mixing funky fabrics with her original designs.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
In this project, Joy Teiken turns an old scarf into a brand new halter top.
Materials and Tools:
18" x 18" vintage scarf
halter top pattern
1. Place the pattern on the scarf and liner fabric and cut out the pieces.
2. Sew two exact tops, one from the scarf and one from the liner.
3. Sew the halter strap and the ties to the scarf piece.
4. Pin the strap and ties to the inside of the scarf piece.
5. Pin the right side of the liner fabric all the way around the right side of the scarf and sew with a 5/8-inch seam allowance. Make sure you don’t sew all the way around.
6. Pull the right sides out and press the top flat. Sew up the sides of the back.
Mari Robeson assembles a personalized collage sachet -- perfect for a new baby or as a wedding favor or any special occasion.
In their game room, all Tracey and Christopher have is a vintage pool table. Get tips on how to start designing from scratch...(3 photos)
Neutral wall colors and coordinating furniture are sure to help this couple receive top dollar for their split-level home.(7 photos)