Vintage Scarf Halter Top
Joy Teiken of Minneapolis is a whiz at mixing funky fabrics with her original designs.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
In this project, Joy Teiken turns an old scarf into a brand new halter top.
Materials and Tools:
18" x 18" vintage scarf
halter top pattern
1. Place the pattern on the scarf and liner fabric and cut out the pieces.
2. Sew two exact tops, one from the scarf and one from the liner.
3. Sew the halter strap and the ties to the scarf piece.
4. Pin the strap and ties to the inside of the scarf piece.
5. Pin the right side of the liner fabric all the way around the right side of the scarf and sew with a 5/8-inch seam allowance. Make sure you don’t sew all the way around.
6. Pull the right sides out and press the top flat. Sew up the sides of the back.
Diane Macrae makes one-of-a-kind backpacks with plenty of pockets and a photo.
Heed the advice of professional appraisers to get top dollar on your home sale.