Recycled Jeans Purse
This one-of-a-kind handbag uses salvaged items including neckties, jeans, and silk flowers.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Louise Jay from Mesa, Arizona, believes in recycling, reusing and salvaging old items. Here she shows us how to transform an old pair of jeans into a unique handbag.
Materials and Tools:
two men's neck ties
hook and loop closure
1. Cut jeans to desired shape. Sew jeans into a pouch with machine.
2. Sew ties to jeans front to create a handle. Make sure ties drape nicely over shoulder. Sew ties to jeans back. Hand stitch ties together at drape area.
3. Cut lining fabric. Sew lining pieces together with machine. Sew in hook and loop closure.
4. Stitch lining to denim bag by hand, inserting piece of lace between layers.
5. Hand-stitch tassel to bottom of tie.
6. Use extra-strong adhesive to glue silk flowers and sequin band onto jeans. Secure them with clothespins until dry for extra holding power.
Robb Whitleff shares how to make new things out of old blue jeans.