How to Install a Security Camera
Play it safe with these step-by-step instructions.
Beef up your home security with this project.
Materials and Tools:
security camera kit
- Drill a hole through the wall where you want to install the intercom.
- Insert a stiff wire through the hole to act as a feeder wire. Tape the wire for the intercom to the feeder wire and pull it through the wall.
- Place the mounting bracket for the intercom over the hole and mark the position for drilling holes for anchors. Drill pockets just deep enough for the anchors.
- Insert plastic anchors into the hole, and secure bracket with screws. Insert foam plug around the wire to fill the hole, and seal off hole with a bit of silicone caulk. Attach the intercom box.
- Drill a hole through the wall for the camera wire. Position camera mounting bracket over the hole and mark points on the wall for drilling. Make sure the camera is mounted where you'll have a good view of your doorway.
- Drill holes for anchors, insert anchors and attach the mounting bracket with screws.
- Drill another hole for the camera feed wire. Run the wire through the wall. Use supplied rubber grommets to seal holes in the wall around the wire.
- Attach the camera to the bracket, position it and lock it down. Attach the wire to the back of the camera.
- Inside, run the wire to the monitor for the camera. Use supplied wall clips to run the wire neatly down wall to the monitor.
- Hook up the camera system and test it to make sure it works properly. Adjust camera direction as needed.
Gather information on home automation security control, and prepare to install an automated security system in your home.
Install a line of defense against intruders with the plants in your yard.
Save on your utility bills with these step-by-step instructions.
Is your home vacation ready? HGTV Magazine tells you how to get things settled before leaving for your summer trip.
Divert groundwater from the basement or foundation with the help of gravel and fabric.
Get peace-of-mind by protecting your home without breaking the bank with one of these top-rated kits you can install yourself.
If you're having problems with standing water in your yard or a leaky basement, improper drainage is the culprit. Fix your water drainage issues once and for all by adding a French drain in just a few short steps.
Protect your packages from porch pirates and keep your home secure with a budget-friendly home security kit from Kangaroo. Plus, the brand is running a Black Friday deal that will make this already-affordable system harder to pass up!
Tap into an existing line with these step-by-step instructions.
Add an instant touch of class to a room with these step-by-step instructions on installing beadboard wainscoting.