How to Install a Motion Detector
Deter burglars and light your own path with these instructions.
Motion-detector lights alert you to any movement in key spots around your home. Here's how to install one:
Materials and Tools:
- Turn off the power at the main breaker switch.
- Remove the old light fixture and replace it with the new motion-sensor lights, connecting the white wire to white and the black wire to black with the wire nuts.
- Tuck all the wires neatly into the socket.
- Points the bulbs and the sensor in the desired directions.
- Secure the fixture in place with screws.
- Place water-shield gaskets on the base of the bulbs before inserting.
- Make any final adjustments according to the manufacturer's directions.
Adjust the ambience and save energy with this project.
The process for installing a ceiling fan is similar to wiring a light fixture, with a few modifications to accommodate for the extra weight and wiggle of the fan. Follow these steps to replace a light fixture with a ceiling fan in your home.
With 30 minutes and some basic tools, you can easily switch out a light fixture yourself. Follow these steps to tackle this simple yet high-impact project.
Whether your doorbell is broken, unattractive or simply not high-tech enough, it’s an easy fix to replace it with something that’s right for you. We’ve got simple installation instructions for three types of doorbells: a high-profile doorbell, a low-profile doorbell and a smart doorbell.
Add new light to a room without having to add new wiring for each fixture.
Lighting under cabinets can add a dramatic accent to your kitchen or bar.
Protect against water damage to your foundation, basement and driveway with these instructions.
Save on your utility bills with these step-by-step instructions.
Create a bold, classic look with these step-by-step instructions.
Learn how to keep your cool by installing a whole-house fan.