Small Kitchen Island Ideas
In some ways, designing a small kitchen island is easier than designing a larger one. Not only does it eliminate certain design considerations, but it also forces you to maximize the efficiency of all of your available space.
- modern style
- neutral photos
- modern townhouse kitchen
- modern neutral kitchen
- light wood kitchen cabinets
- light wood cabinetry
- glass front cabinet doors
- stainless steel kitchen stove hood
- stainless steel appliances
- neutral wall tile
- neutral kitchen backsplash
- designer kristi nelson
- gray countertops
- gray kitchen countertops
Popular small kitchen island ideas include shelves for cookbooks, racks for wine bottles, drop-leafs or pull-out drawers for extra countertop space, and a countertop overhang providing breakfast bar-type seating for two.
And whether the small kitchen island is portable (such as a rolling cart or stationary island with casters) or permanent (built-in), it's important that the kitchen island function efficiently in your space. If the island is in the center of the kitchen, for instance, it must not interrupt the flow of the work triangle.
If the island is placed on the periphery, you'll want to make sure items stored or displayed aren't as frequently used as the ones in close proximity to the work triangle.
- Large Kitchen Islands
- Kitchen Islands Offer Variety, Service
- Outdoor Kitchen Island Options and Ideas
- Build a Movable Butcher-Block Kitchen Table/Island
- Vintage Kitchen Islands
- Kitchen Islands With Breakfast Bars