Concrete Kitchen Countertops
For a simple, clean look that's neither fussy nor formal, concrete kitchen countertops are a trendy kitchen design element that's on the rise.
Eco-friendly—the material is so durable, it could literally last a lifetime—concrete is also a recyclable material. At its most basic, a concrete mix consists of sand, rock and cement, which makes it more a more sustainable option than other countertop materials (think granite or marble) that are mined, non-renewable materials.
Concrete counters are also quite heavy, so you'll need to make sure the base, whether it's cabinetry or an island, is strong enough to support the weight. While beautiful in its natural state, concrete can also be colored or stained in a variety of colors.
To further customize the look, many kitchen designers will add recycled or remnant materials like glass, sea glass, shells or fossils to still-wet concrete for a unique and custom look.
- Kitchen Countertop Materials
- Stainless Steel Countertops
- Marble Kitchen Countertops
- Laminate Kitchen Countertops
- Formica Kitchen Countertops
- Granite Countertops for Kitchens
- Increase Your Counter Intelligence
- Natural Counters Rise to the Top
- New Kitchen Countertops
- Granite Vs. Quartz: Is One Really Better Than the Other?
- Choose Countertops With Confidence
- Kitchen Countertops