Dress Up Your Autumn Table With Fall Leaves
No centerpiece necessary; add seasonal color to your Thanksgiving table with these fall leaf streamers. They're a snap to make and they beautifully bring the outdoors in.
By: Layla Palmer
- silk fall leaves or natural leaves gathered outside
- one spool of 8 lb. fishing line
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- wax paper
- painter's tape
- measuring tape
Take a stroll outdoors to gather especially beautiful fall leaves — or head to your local craft store to buy silk versions. Sort leaves into separate piles by size.
Cut Wax Paper
To determine how much wax paper to use for this step, measure the distance between the bottom of your chandelier and the surface of your table. Then, roll out and cut a piece of wax paper that is as long as that measurement.
Attach Fishing Line
Roll out a length of fishing line that's six to eight inches longer than the wax paper. Use painter's tape to secure the fishing line to the top and bottom of the wax paper. Leave the extra six inches of fishing line hanging off the top edge of the wax paper; you'll need this later for tying the line onto your chandelier.
Starting at the top piece of painter's tape, arrange the leaves (face down and largest to smallest) a few inches apart, under the fishing line, all the way down to the piece of painter's tape at the bottom. Once you're happy with the arrangement, secure the backs of the leaves to the fishing line with hot glue and let dry. Repeat these steps to make as many streamers as you'd like, remove them from the wax paper then tie them to your chandelier.
Personalized Stamp Kit and Stationery
Create a handy gift for personalizing stationery or other paper goods.
Natural Branch Necklace
Go eco-chic with this easy-to-create necklace that features a charming miniature bird perched atop a handmade wire nest and natural branch.
How to Make a Mitten Garland Advent Calendar
Count down the days till Christmas with a fun and festive mitten garland. Hang it below the mantel for a pretty way to spruce up any fireplace.
Handmade Christmas Tree Card
Surprise friends and family with this cute, easy-to-create handmade holiday card. Trendy patterns and traditional Christmas colors really make it pop.
Handmade Pop-Up Christmas Card
Surprise family and friends with an easy-to-create holiday card with a pop-up message tucked inside.
Feliz Navidad Handmade Holiday Card
Layer ribbon and fabric trims to create a colorful pinata-inspired handmade Christmas card.
Vintage Sheet Music Handmade Christmas Card
Forget store-bought, mass-produced Christmas cards. Show friends and family how special they are with vintage-inspired handmade holiday cards.
Found Object Wine Stoppers
Turn vintage doorknobs, sports paraphernalia and other interesting objects into eye-catching bottle stoppers in just a few steps.
Personalized Bottle Cap Necklace
Create a one-of-a-kind necklace for your favorite 'tween or teen. This is a great craft project for an older child to create on their own or with a little little help from a cool and crafty adult.
How to Make a Bird and Branch Holiday Card
A pinecone adds texture and a sophisticated natural touch to this charming handmade holiday card.
- Our 45 Favorite Fall Decorating Ideas
- 25 Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- 31 Centerpieces You Can Make
- 25 Warm & Toasty Appetizers
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes & Sides
- 21 Cold Weather Cocktails
- 30 Irresistible Fall Desserts
- 10 Tips for a Simply Chic Thanksgiving
- Set Up a Turkey Day To-Go Station
- 20 Modern, Organic Table-Setting Ideas
- 21 Tips for Setting Up a Dessert Buffet
- Our Stars' Best Holiday Hosting Tips
- How to Set a Rustic Fall Table
- Set a Glamorous, Glittering Table
- Stress Less, Serve Buffet Style
- Host A Casual Thanksgiving Brunch
- Get Your Dining Room Ready to Party
- Set Up a Kid-Pleasing Snack Station
- Video: Tips From Our Pros
- Set Up a Kids' Thanksgiving Table
- 19 Turkey Day Kids' Crafts
- 15 Tips for Guest Bedrooms
- Host Weekend Guests Like a Pro
- 12 Guest Bathroom Prep Tips
- 8 Traditional Thanksgiving Decorating Ideas
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.